Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week One of Acts of Kindness

Okay, so I started out of the gate....pretty slow... :(   I was all pumped to begin my 30 days of intentional acts of kindness and my first day I was only able to do one small thing.  So, after giving myself a stern talking to, I picked myself up and told myself to do better.  I think I have!  Here's my first week of "kindness"

Day 1: Made copies of students readers and had them assembled for my whole grade level team.

Day 2: Addie and I made a Thank You card for her Awana Cubbies leader, Miss Heather

Day 3: (Got a few in this day) Ran to Sonic and bought Justin and my mom each a Route 44 drink and brought it to both of them.  Also made dinner for my parents and my cousins Chris and Sara and dropped it off at their houses.

Day 4: Today was another day of helping my mom.  She pulled something in her back and has been struggling.  So I made dinner again for her and my dad, and went to her house and did her dishes and folded some laundry. 

Day 5: We went shopping to fill up two boxes that our church is passing out to give to needy families for Thanksgiving.  So we went and bought all the stuff on the list and we are going to be dropping off the boxes next time we're at church. 

Day 6: Today we baked chocolate chip cookies for Daddy, but also for our amazing neighbors Lauren and David.  We are so sad that we only met them a year ago!  We've lived a few houses down from them for years and have missed out on having this amazing couple in our lives, so we thought we'd show them some love by bringing them cookies.

Day 7: Justin and I are starting up another round of the grief group we run, Empty Arms.  Tonight was the first night.  We were meeting at our church, so I decided to run to Starbucks and bought a "traveler", which is a box of coffee (I got decaf since the meeting was at night) and also brought along a plate of the cookies I had made the day before.  Just wanted everyone to feel comfortable.  It's such a difficult thing to go through and difficult decision to make to join the group.

So...that's our first week!  I'm really loving this!  I'm loving that each day it's putting my mind on how I can serve others instead of worrying about myself.  Again, if anyone has any ideas for me for the next few weeks, I'd love to hear them!  Oh, and btw, I'm thankful for YOU!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

These are all such great ideas, I'm sure you all blessed many people this last week! This has been such a good challenge for us as well. Stopping by from the link-up at ICTMC.

The Dawson Family said...

I love reading others blogs to get great ideas. Thanks!!!

I am at http://the-dawson.blogspot.com