Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week Two Acts of Kindness

The second week of this challenge has proved to be another successful week!  I'm really loving it!


Day One: Today I took the time to write a sweet card to one of my dearest and treasured friends. She's the kind of friend that you count yourself blessed to have in your life. She has been there for me in everything and I just love her and wanted to take the time to tell her.


Day Two:  Addie and I went through all of her beloved dress ups (those of you who know her know how much she LOVES to dress up) and picked out three that she was willing to give away to someone that doesn't have a lot of dress ups.  We've got someone on mind, but I don't want to give it away till we give it to the little girl we picked.

Day Three:  This one is private...just not something I think should be shared out in the blog world.  :)

Day Four:  My hubby came home after working a 12 hour day and his feet were killing him.  So I offered him a foot rub.  I sat and rubbed his feet for a good 1/2 hour.  I KNOW he really enjoyed this particular act of kindness.  :)

Day Five:  I packed up a "Compassion Bag".  I got this idea off of pinterest.  It's a bag of stuff that a homeless person might want/need.  It's got stuff in it like water, food, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, anti bacterial gel, some cough drops, cookies, wipes, some pain reliever, etc.  It's in a big zip-lock bag and we're gonna keep it in our car and when we come across a homeless person asking for money, we're going to give it to him/her.  We wrote God Loves You on it.  I also brought the trash cans in for my hubby...for him that was a MAJOR act of kindness.  ;)

Day Six: I made dinner for my best friend and her husband.  Her husband is a former chef and makes us the most amazing food all the time.  So I wanted to repay the favor and make him a yummy meal that required no work on his part!

Day Seven: I brought my husband dinner at work.  We were going somewhere after he got off work, and he wouldn't have had time to eat, so I got to his work early with food so he'd get a chance to eat.

No comments: