Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sara's Baby Shower

This past weekend, my mom and I threw my cousin a baby shower!  This was an extra special event because my cousin Chris, and his wife Sara have waited a VERY LONG time for this precious blessing.  They have been on a 7 year journey for this baby, and the Lord has blessed them now with a baby girl, Abigail, due October 2nd.  We have all been praying for this blessing for so long now, that we were SO ready to celebrate her!  I ended up doing my first solo fondant cake for the event.  I also made three types of cupcakes.  I was very proud with how it all turned out.

Here is the dessert set up.

Here is my first fondant cake I did by myself.  I really loved how it turned out!
Here are the chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting and pink fondant bows I made.
These are my pink lemonade cupcakes.
Here they are upclose...they were my favorite.  They tasted sooo good!
Here are the red velvet with cream cheese frosting with green fondant flowers.
How the cake looked on the table.
The beautiful new mommy, Sara!
So excited that my cousin Shannon flew in for the occasion!
The diaper cake I made for the new mommy!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Robyn!! The cake and cupcakes look amazing! Great job!