Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A state of "not so comfortable"...

So I find that as soon as I get comfortable...as soon as I'm about to exhale, that's when something else creeps up on me. I'm finding more and more, as I "grow up" that God never wants us in a state of comfort. Because when we are comfortable, we're not on our knees. I know I'm guilty of it. Things are hard for a season, and I'm crying out to Him. I find myself praying constantly. In the car, in the shower, while I listen to worship music, at night...all the time. I'm on my knees asking for the Lord's help or guidance. I am leaning on Him, dependent on Him.

Then, comes the Ah Ha moment. The moment in which the Lord answers my heart and and my prayers. The moment when He is glorified and He works things out. The moment I am at peace and know that God is real....

But then what happens?...I stop praying in the shower, I forget to pray while I'm in the car. Yeah, I still pray before meals, I still pray in church, I still pray at night when I go to sleep. But I'm not in a constant state of prayer anymore. Why would I be?

I'M COMFORTABLE.

And that's when it happens. Something else in my life happens for me to worry about. Something rears it's ugly head. The rug is pulled out from under me. However you want to put it, I need HIM again. He doesn't want us too comfortable because it's then that we forget to fall on our knees and look to Him. So even though I hate the stretching, I hate the worry, I hate the "refiners fire", I know that really, it's His way to bring me back to Him. For me to remember that He's the One in control. That He has me and the lives of my family in His hands. Therefore I need to give up and give in....and I need to re read this everytime I forget it!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord. "they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you and future and a hope". In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

No comments: