Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We spent Thanksgiving this year with my family and my mom and dad's house. We were fortunate enough to have family from Texas join us too! Papa Mac, Auntie Donna, And Uncle Doug. The Blocks were with us too along with Chris, Sara, and Abby who stopped by for a few hours and appetizers which was great. My Nana came and joined in the fun too! The women spent the day before cooking almost every thing for the meal. The men smoked turkey that day too. Then the day of, we ended up with three types of turkey. Justin fried one, Uncle Doug smoked one, and my mom baked one. We also had all the fixings: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cooked carrots, peas in butter sauce, cornbread stuffing, gravy, rolls, orange jello, cranberries, and green olives. This is MY meal. My favorite meal. I just love all of it and it just screams comfort food! I so wish I didn't have to wait a whole 'nuther year for it! We had three kinds if pie too. Apple, pumpkin, and pecan...not that any of us had room for it. At then end of the night we played a game as a family and were blessed by the time we had!























No comments: