Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Halloween 2012

I am back tracking a bit here, but I'd be sad if I didn't post the adorable Halloween pics from this year. This year we were fortunate to have Josiah and Hannah, my cousin Shannon's twins, with us. We made a delicious fall dinner of pot roast before we got the kids all dolled up in their costumes. Now, you'll notice that Brynn is wearing Addie's apple costume from her fall preschool performance...not my first costume pick of the night.  See, we tried to get Brynn into a Glinda costume we'd found online.  You know, go with the whole Wizard of Oz theme....well the waist of that thing would barley fit Brynn's neck, let alone her waist.  So...we moved onto plan B.  Yes, here she IS smiling...don't get excited, it didn't last long.  She was NOT having that apple costume.  So we did our best to bribe the kids so we could get the token "standing in front of the fireplace" shot.  I was actually impressed by this picture!


Now this picture impressed me even more because I actually got the two of them smiling!  Literally RIGHT after this, Brynn threw the apple hat across the room and yanked and pulled to get the thing off!  Hmmm...so plan C...even though at the time, I had no plan C....

So we paused for a photo op moment of the Blocks while I sort of freaked out and searched in the playroom for plan C...

Don't the twins look cute!  My mom made those costumes for their 4th birthdays!

Block Family Picture

Okay, so here is plan C...a fairy!  Hey, she's still in pink (like she would have been in she was Glinda) and as you can tell, she was WAY happier with this choice!  Thank God Addison still loves dress ups and has a bajillion (yes that's a word!) of them.

So next, I made to go mugs of hot apple cider for the adults, and the kids hit the streets!  Justin raced home from work and met up with us out on the town.  They got a TON of candy!  It was so nice to live in a neighborhood this year where we could take them trick or treating.

In the end, cousin Abby stopped by so we could get a picture.  She was sort of a chic scarecrow, which would have TOTALLY gone with my theme!  UGH, oh well, I gotta let it go...there's always next year!

Happy Halloween!!

No comments: