Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baking with Nana

My mom has always been a baker.  She's a mighty fine one at that!  Growing up she would let me help bake the pies with her and now she's letting Addie do it.  Here is Addie putting the milk wash on the top layer of the crust.


Then the tradition when I was a kid was that my mom always had extra pie crust.  So she would bake it with cinnamon and sugar and it was my treat when we were done baking.  I LOVED THIS!  Now Addie got to do this with my mom...

 After helping with the pie, it was time to roll out the extra dough
 Next you butter it....
 Then comes the left over juices from your apples, cinnamon, and sugar...
 Then she "sprinkled" (more like poured) cinnamon and sugar...
 Roll it....
 Poke it....
 Then Bake it!  Now there should be a cool picture of the finished product, but I had to go nurse Brynn, and my mom and Addie jumped into it before I was done.
 Here she is with her delicous treat!  It was sooooo good!!!

No comments: