Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Raisins

So my cute baby (although not such a baby anymore) was snacking last night as we waited for Justin to get home so we could meet the Blairs for dinner. In her snack cup was a random assortment of goldfish, raisins, and everything pretzles( the kind with everything on them for seasoning). Anyway so she walks over to me and in her cute voice says " hee oo go mommy" and wants me to eat the raisin she is offering me with her chubby little hand. I take it and pretend to put it in my mouth. I mean sure rains are good in cookies and cereal but I have never liked them by themselves. Well I am not a good pretender cause she sees right through me and starts whinning cause she wants me to really eat the darn thing. So being the loving mom that I try to be, I quickly pop the raisin into my mouth. I think about swallowing it but then decide to chew. (I know you're thinking...it's a raisin!!!! What's the big deal. But it was a mental thing for me).

So here's the lesson. I liked it!! I liked a raisin all by itself. It took me until the ripe old age of 32 to figure this out!! It made me think of God. How many times does He outstretch His hand to us with a perfectly good blessing and we turn our noses up to it cause in our heads we've made a decision NOT to like it. If we would just let our guards down and try something new the Father is asking us we might be really surprised.

Have you said no to God latey when you really should have taken a step of faith and said yes??

3 comments:

Nana Apryl said...

What a beautiful analogy. I will try to be more open to what God has for me. One question for you though...when are you planning to try eggs?

The Blythe's Are Bloggin... said...

baby steps mom, baby steps

DonnaKMC said...

Wow! That's so neat! I sure have learned many lessons that God had for me through my children. Don't want to miss anything Jesus has for me. Addy knew that you would love raisins, if you would just try it! :)