Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Addison's Wizard of Oz Party

We celebrated Addison's Fourth birthday in the Land of Oz. She has been telling us since the day after her third birthday that she wanted a "Dorothy" party, and so I had all year to plan this out in my head.  Since it's not really a popular mainstream movie/book, there wasn't a lot out there in way of decorations that were already made.  So I decided to go with rainbow colors to tie in the theme "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"  All in all, we had a wonderful time and I am so thrilled with how it all came out!

The cake that I made with the help of two friends, Kristen and Nicole

The beautiful sign my good friend Jenelle made for Addison

Party favors: Rainbow twizzlers and marshmallows
I think it says it all
Your way to our front door


People were confused by this.  First of all we don't have a doorbell and secondly, this is the sign that was on the door when Dorothy reached Oz. 
The food table

We dined on mini corn dogs and sliders

Rainbow fruit
Animal crackers
A family guessing game, the winner won a gift card to Golden Spoon

I got this scarecrow craft from Oriental Trading Company

The amazing artistry of Kristen

The backyard
This was a last minute addition...worth every penny!

Rainbow cupcakes
Thanks Nana for making such a beautiful Dorothy dress!
Addison seeing the party for the first time.

Graham and Abby
Robin and Faith
Lindsay and Abby
Auntie Donna and Hannah
Esther, Carl, Sid, Phoenix
Good job Addie!
Tossing bean bags into buckets
Rainbow slushie made out of Otter Pops
Happy Birthday Addison!!!  We love you baby!!!!
Thanks for coming!

No comments: