Welcome to our Blog! Here you'll read mostly about my kids and my adventures in motherhood, along with what the Lord is teaching me at the moment....Thanks for sharing this journey with us!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

30 Days of Intentional Acts of Kindness

ICanTeachMyChild.com

There is a blog that I follow called "I Can Teach My Child". I feel like this blog is a GREAT find! I could surf it for hours! Since I'm still sure about the idea of putting Addie and Brynn into preschool, since I'm sacrificing so much to be home with them part time, I feel like this is a great resource for me to do lots of teaching at home! Anyway, I'm spinning off topic.

The real reason for this post is that I"m inspired by something going on over at this blog. They are doing something for the month of November called "30 Days of Intentional Acts of Kindness". It's an activity that you can do with your kiddos in order to help instill of giving heart...a Christ-like heart.

We are supposed to make a list for the first seven days. Here is what I have so far:

1. Pay for the someone's Starbucks in the car behind me in the drive thru.

2. Bake cookies and leave them on some of our neighbors front porch.

3. Having a "King Daddy" night for daddy when he comes home. (We do this already from time to time, but I think this is the perfect month to be sure we get one in!)

4. Collect some toys that the kids don't play with anymore and go down and donate them to the local good will.

5. Send and "snail mail" a card to a friend...just because. It's so fun to get real mail now a days.

6. Make an extra portion of dinner one night and drop it off at my parent's house to give my mom the night off.

7. Cut some of our roses in the backyard and give them to someone.

Okay so that's all I have so far....I would LOVE if you have any suggestions...or I'd love it if you want to do this with us!  We are gonna try and put on a giving and selfless attitude during this month of Thanksgiving, all to honor our Lord!

1 comment:

Jenae said...

Yay! So glad you are joining us! I love all your ideas!!